I'm trying to build a really simple passive summing circuit for combining two line-level stereo audio sources (iPod + laptop or iPod + iPod), and I really want to be able to fade between the sources.

Basically, this would be between the audio source and the "tape input" on a PA.

I'm considering a dual gang slide potentiometer -- would that be enough, as long as I converted the stereo signals to mono first?

What about using a replacement crossfader from a DJ mixer? I imagine a lot of them are proprietary to a specific mixer, but are there any that I could just drop into a passive circuit?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.