Is there a product that allows the "coaxial" digital out (or the optical toslink) from a cd player to be send to a usb or firewire port? I'm not looking for a DAC, I'm looking for digital to digital.


There is! Generically this is called an audio interface. These most commonly include ADCs/DACs and analog preamps, but an audio interface with a digital input (such as S/PDIF or optical TOSLink) will give you the "digital to digital" connectivity you're looking for.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy