I am looking for a specific voice effect that I have listened to in many videos on youtube and other places. I don't know what it is called and it also does not sound natural. Here are examples -




Do you notice the subtle 'errrrr'/crunchiness/vibration/distortion/robotic sound at the end of many words? I understand it may be difficult to understand by my explanation but hope someone recognizes it.

I would like to know if this effect has a name or something so as to search further into it or is there is a youtube tutorial somewhere that I can follow, to begin with. Any kind of pointers would help.

1 Answer 1


This is not a specific effect, it is simply the result of the V/O artist's voice plus some fairly standard dialogue mixing effects chains, including de-essing, compression and EQ. Nothing more than that.

The main component of what you are hearing is actually the voice of the V/O artist.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.