Lead guitarist and petrolhead with Scottish Industrial rock trio Metaltech (and our alter-ego folk band Acoustech)
- headlined the inaugural Orkney Rock Festival in 2014
- nominated for Best Metal Act at the Scottish Alternative Music Awards 2011 (came 2nd)
- nominated for Best Group and Best Loud Track at the Scottish New Music Awards 2011
Been gigging for 25 years, taught guitar on and off. Played a lot of the Scottish music festivals (Rock Ness, Wickerman, Belladrum etc), supported bands like Alec Empire, KMFDM, Angelspit, Psydoll. Headlined all over Scotland.
- Website - http://www.metaltech.me
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/metaltech
- Check out our videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Metaltechtheband
Play classical, rock, blues, metal, spanish, slide...
On stage usually use Ibanez (7 string RG7321 and Joe Satriani signature models), or a 1989 Charvel Predator with a Dimebucker pickup through a Line 6 HD500 and a DigiTech Whammy, sometimes with a CryBaby. For the songs requiring fire I use a BC Rich Warlock with pyro attachments!
Generally DI'ed straight into the venue backline, or where we need to amplify - generally Marshall heads through Laney 4x10s.
- Sonar and Cubase are my preferred audio platforms.
- Moderator of the Security, Music, AVP, Outdoors, Sound Design, and Personal Productivity Stack Exchange sites and Administrator for the Security Stack Exchange Blog
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 4 years, 11 months
95 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago