These recordings belong to their authors or assignees, therefore in order to legally use them in your movie you may have to obtain the owners' license. If all the recordings are of the sort you mentioned in the question then you are most likely exempt from such license, as these recordings are very short and with no artistic or commercial value. You might ...


Although I am not a lawyer, I believe that the CALM act does apply to commercials, either the ones you produce in-house or the one provided by a third party (as I suppose you are in the US). For the technical aspects of achieving such compliance, the ATSC A/85:2013 seems a good starting point.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible