alt text

Anybody know what these are called? I really dig the reverse-folding legs, and the fact that they look like they weigh half a pound at most. In fact, they look kinda like re-purposed cheapie music stands, but I barely trust those things to hold up a script, let alone expensive mics.




Manfrotto 5001B Nano Black light stand http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/612771-REG/Manfrotto_5001B_5001B_Nano_Black_Light.html

They are great. It is threaded for a pistol grip on the top, very very light, collapses down to a nice tight parcel and the wide base when fully open makes them pretty sturdy.

Plus they are not outrageously priced.

PS I think these stands were Noise Jockey's find originally (or at least I saw it on his site first) http://www.noisejockey.net/blog/2009/07/07/lightweight-mic-stands-in-the-field/

| improve this answer | |
  • Mafrotto, that may be the best name I've ever heard. – g.a.harry Mar 9 '11 at 16:08
  • 2
    thanks to Nathan for the original post - I wouldn't have known of these stands otherwise, and they weight about a quarter of my other stands! – user49 Mar 9 '11 at 17:50

Here is the post with everything described: http://www.musicofsound.co.nz/blog/safe-travel-with-gear-2

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.