I want to use the https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hammondb3xipad/ Hammond B3X app for playing keyboards live.
My keyboard is a Yamaha CP73 Stage piano. It comes with some MIDI and USB outputs, and also the standard 1/4" Jack and XLR outputs.
I have an iPad (9th generation) on which I would run the Hammond app.
I think I need to use an audio interface such as the Scarlett 2i2.
- Please tell me if the below sounds accurate:
(1) I would run the Left and Right 1/4" Jack outputs from my keyboard into the audio interface.
(2) I plug an Apple Camera Adapter into my iPad. This has two connections in - a USB connection to the audio interface, and a line from a powered USB hub.
(3) I can then run two lines out from the audio interface - one could go to the PA system, another to a local feedback monitor amp.
(4) I load and run the Hammond B3X app on my iPad.
Having done all this, I am hoping that if I play the keys on my stage piano, the sound that comes out of the PA is the Hammond organ voice from the app, NOT the piano sound configured locally on my Yamaha stage piano ? Am I right in thinking this is what would happen ?
Please help if I have missed or misunderstood something.