I have a Clarett 2Pre USB that I am suspecting may be malfunctioning.
- Electric guitar w/ passive pickups -> Radial J48 -> Clarett 2Pre USB input (1 or 2, doesn't matter).
- 48V button is pressed on Clarett 2Pre USB (although I've tried both states on both inputs).
- On both inputs, I have tried all states for Line/Input/Air enabled/disabled. None work properly.
I noticed while testing the J48 phantom supply from the Clarett, the J48 LED did not light up. So, I used a DMM to measure between pins 1-3 and 1-2 on Clarett's input 1.
- Pins 1-3 showed a consistent 42V supply and ~400uA of current.
- Pins 1-2 showed a variable supply typically around 2V or so. No consistent reading on current...it is typically low.
Other issues have been happening with this Clarett:
2 audio out channels in the back do not work properly unless cable is only plugged partially in, and at that point the sound is not correct).
When changing sample rate, occasionally (~50% of the time) the input signal sounds corrupted. If I switch to another rate, then back to the same rate, the input signal quality switches to a different sound than the first attempt ant swtching.
Is this just a defective unit? Are these voltages and current measured via DMM incorrect? I'm past the 2 year warranty. At this point I may scrap this Clarett and go with another interface...possibly Audient id44.