I am looking at mixing boards that have aux sends. This one uses XLR aux and this one uses 1/4" aux.

Can I use a converter to listen to the aux send on headphones that take 1/8" input? For example, using a XLR-to-1/8" or 1/4" to 1/8"?

Would I need additional hardware, like headphone amplifiers?

1 Answer 1


You will need a headphone amplifier that has balanced input

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.