I have a question concerning the idea behind the seeking of an audio file like (mp3 file). I am trying to implement my own seeking mechanism, but I cant understand how media players knows how to seek through the audio samples of a file.
- are audio samples saved with some time stamp?
- if yes, what kind of timestamp (seconds, milliseconds,....)?
- how often does the media recorder record audio samples?
- how is the progress bar of the seeking linked to the audio samples.
- lets say you talk and then you are quite, does the media recorder record silence as empty audio samples?