I'm looking for a cable that splits a single stereo 1/4" to two separate mono outputs (also 1/4"), one left and the other right. Do you know of one? The only thing I can find online mixes the stereo signal down into mono, then doubles it. The connections should either be (1) ALL male, if the whole cable is long (~2ft or longer) or (2) the stereo is male and the two outputs are female (then I can extend each using separate cables, but more of a hassle).


  • why not make one?
    – Mark
    Commented Dec 8, 2019 at 23:44

1 Answer 1


In general those will be called insert cables. They have one stereo 1/4" plug on one end and two mono 1/4" plugs on the other.

  • 1
    They're also called Y cables.
    – Hobbes
    Commented Dec 9, 2019 at 7:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.