Okay, I'm totally consused about the input levels. Let's say I have an audiointerface Presonus Studio 68. Inputs:
There is also a button "line" which converts inputs 1-2 to a line inputs, and also a phantom power button.
I have the following instruments to record:
- Condenser mic (needs a 48v of course)
- An electric guitar with active pickups through a passive DI-Box
- A bass guitar with passive pickups through an active DI-Box
- Some more guitars with active and passive pickups
So the questions I have:
- To qhich input should I insert both an active di-box with a passive guitar and a passive dibox with an active guitar?
- To which inputs should I insert all the rest of the guitars without di-box and different types of the pickups?
- How can my 3-4 inputs be line and mic at the same time, when those are absolutely different input levels?
- What happens to my inputs when I swich on a phantom power? Are they becoming a line inputs so they can handle amplified mic signal?
What confuses me most, is that 1-2 inputs are also instrument inputs, but they are not always line (because I have to switch "line" on). But at the same time inputs 3-4 are always line, are they?
This is driving me insane. Please, help me to understand al these stuff.