I want to use the same computer and audio interface but multiple DAW simultaneosly for:
- Tracking of a live studio session (DAW 1, e.g. ProTools or Reaper)
- Virtual instrument (DAW 2, e.g. Ableton or Cubase)
It is definitely possible to use one interface with multiple DAWs (tested it). But is there anything I should consider?
- Do the buffer sizes need to match in the different DAWs?
- How would the clock sync setup need to look like?
- Is there a greater chance for crackling?
- What about CPU usage?
Please note that the question is not about ReWire or similar technologies but about using one Interface with multiple DAWs.