There's thousands of recorders, mixers, DAW, multitracks (digital or analogical), interfaces, XLR... I am confused as a newcomer to the field. I see too much buttons and stuff on this gisms. I am looking for something targeted to a medium/high-end home recording musician that does not want to become an audio engineer. So my ideal device is a single piece of hardware such as:
- It contains an excelent build-in microphone where you can record voices, acoustic guitars or even drums (no necessarily portable). Ideally with a good warmth analog sound.
- It allows to connect external microphones, but above all, the plug of an instrument to record from line-in
- It stores everything in an sd card or local hard disk, at high quality WAV/mp3
- It possibly has effects to add to this tracks (reverb, distorsion, flanger)
- It has usual audio input functions limiting, compression.., preferrably in the analog domain, on the internal recorders
- You can listen to the tracks because it has an audio jack
- It helps with multitrack recording in two ways:
- You can listen to any previous recording while record a new track
- The same but allowing that the recording is an on-the-fly mix of the track you are listeneing to and the input of what you are recording (overdubbing?)
- It has a supporting metronome and tuning functions
- It provides an easy way to re-record a part of a track by selecting a marker and rerecording
- It provides a way to selectively playback some tracks altogehter or merge them in a new file
- I might be interested on having a physical column/monitor for each of this previously selected tracks to play with thousand buttons and tunnings individually, like an analog mixer, to see the effect of combining them
- A built-in speaker would be very useful for this
- It may be big, expensive or not portable
- It will have a nice screen, possibly tactile, for manipulating all of this. If the screen has some kind of firmware that is a DAW like nuendo/pro tools, in itself, I'm in the sky.
Does this idreamy integrated home studio exist?