I'm planning to purchase two YAMAHA HS7's and wanted to ask about setting them up with my PC. I'm also planning on buying a DAC and I still haven't decided on which one, not willing to spend more than 100$ on, would be great if someone could recommend something to me. So my question is, do I need any other equipment to connect my speakers<->DAC->PC? I read somewhere about people using some sort of sound interfaces, would a DAC replace the said interface or I would still need a sound interface in addition to DAC?

I'm not planning on recording or working with any sound production programs, speakers will be mainly used for music/movies etc.

closed as off-topic by user9881, Rory Alsop Feb 15 '17 at 23:08

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions that are related to consumer audio consumption (such as audiophile or home theater) are off-topic. For more information, see the meta post on Non-Production Questions." – Community, Rory Alsop
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Sound cards/interfaces (even the factory one in your computer ie. Headphone jack etc.) are essentially the [DAC/ADC] converter you're talking about. The external ones usually come with a USB cable to connect to your computer, so you'll just need a couple of cables in order to connect your speakers.
For under $100, look into the brands ART or Behringer. Your local music store should be able to get you set up pretty easily.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.