Connector It's from a 70's Italian mic (UMC 7103), a unidirectional condenser microphone. I need to substitute the original jack cable, with a XLR, but i don't know what is this connector (it screws on the mic) enter image description here

  • post a pic of the other side of the smaller part – Daniel Jul 5 '16 at 19:36
  • @Daniel there you go – Fender Jul 5 '16 at 19:38
  • you need an adapter with a 1/4" female on one side and an XLR male on the other end. – Daniel Jul 5 '16 at 19:42
  • just checked Ebay, there are a ton of them on there – Daniel Jul 5 '16 at 19:44
  • so basically the adapter will let you plug in the 1.4" from your italian microphone and then you will be able to plug that entire unit into an xlr input – Daniel Jul 5 '16 at 19:45

Looks very much like a vintage Switchcraft 2501 connector. Note that those were typically used for vintage high-impedance unbalanced microphones. So even if you had a cable with that connector on one end and XLR on the other, it would likely NOT be suitable for a modern low-impedance balanced connection (as you get with typical XLR mic inputs).

Ref: http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=810

Ref: http://www.angela.com/microphoneconnectorswitchcraftoldstylescrew-on.aspx

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.