I would like to record sound from multiple microphones (at least 3) to a computer, tightly synchronised in time. This is for some research into signal processing.
Specifics of what I'm looking for:
- Recording to a Windows laptop
- Maximum out-of-sync between channels around 5 microseconds
- Sample rate 96kHz or higher
- Preferably able to record ultrasound up to 40kHz or so
- Bit depth not so critical, 16 bits probably fine
- Good value for money (financed only by my personal hobby fund.)
I am looking at USB audio interfaces aimed at music production, but am not familiar with their performance and if they are suitable to do this kind of job. I have been looking at e.g. the Tascam US-4x4 or Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD.
Is this equipment suitable for this job, or if not, what are my (reasonably priced) options?
Edit: I see this question is getting downvoted. Please comment as to why - do you know somewhere more appropriate where I should be asking this question? Thanks.