At the start of this song, there's a voice which sounds really awesome. How do I make this effect? And what is this effect called?

  • The percussive vocal(ish) sample that goes "ay" (kind of)? or the bbc radio promo voice? Feb 16 '16 at 22:56
  • I have no idea to which voice you are referring. Time please?
    – Marc W
    Feb 23 '16 at 21:20

The proverbial 'radio' voice like the one in that song has its low frequencies removed. That is, run it through a high-pass filter. The break frequency is typically about several hundred Hz. Experiment for desired results.