The effect I'm trying to recreate is a "rising" type of effect that is sort of a 1980s cliche, and can be heard on many tracks from the period. For example, it can be heard at approximately 0:58 on Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)", and on the 1985 Rush song "The Big Money" at approximately 0:44.

Any suggestions on how to go about recreating this with a modern digital or virtual analog synthesizer?

  • 1
    A fast arpeggiator is the clue. – leftaroundabout Jul 20 '15 at 22:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.