I'm helping a friend with their resturant.

They have indoor and outdoor passive speakers connected to a single amp. How can I go about making the outside louder with out making the inside loud.

Do I need to seperate amps or do I need some kind of powered mixer?

  • Really you probably need a good vendor. But in the meantime it's most likely something like a 70V system that would not work with most powered mixers. Better to just get a separate compatible amp for the outside speakers. – Todd Wilcox Jul 4 '15 at 1:59

There is no good and safe way to do what you're asking without 2 amps or a two channel amp which might be already there. That would also probably be the cheapest solution to what you're asking about. A powered mixer would be a possible solution if it had more than a mono powered output, which most do. You could use the "left" for outdoor and the "right" for indoor as an example.

The best solution would involve a lot more work and money. Installing a "Constant Voltage System" usually a 70v system in the US, but it could be a 25v or 100v too. they have "zones" where you can change the volume per zone. That is something you really want a professional setting up.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.