I know this is a sourcing-question and these are frowned upon, but I've been searching for a while now, and can't seem to be able to find a compact, light-weight 1-or-2 channel amplifier with balanced input. I would need it for a 50W RMS speaker.
- Mono or Stereo amplifier (1-or-2 Channel)
- balanced input (connector: XLR, TRS, Phoenix .. doesn't matter, as long as its balanced)
- at least ~50W RMS (~100W peak) for 4 Ohm speaker
- light-weight and compact (Class D could help here)
- waterproofing would be a bonus (like marine amplifiers)
A marine amplifier would be interesting, because they are usually smaller-sized, but they don't take balanced inputs.
The only interesing options I found so far is the Oxford Audio CMA220, but it only gives 20W / ch, is quite pricey ~$300 and hard to get outside of the UK it seems.
I am wondering if my required specs are really that special that they would be worth that price.
And I guess there could always be the option to build the amp from scratch, but I rather not, unless I absolutely have to.