Figured this was worth following up since PT9 is a popular topic as of late. I was hoping that the jump to PT9 would solve this very frustrating and time consuming bug, but it doesn't seem to have. If any of you are experiencing this same issue, pls chime in and maybe we can figure it out. PS. I have tried all of the suggestions below, to no avail.
(orig post below with updates in bold italics)
Sorry folks, I know this isn't a sound design question but I'm posting this out of utter frustration and desperation.
Pro Tools is not booting up correctly. Click on the icon, it's bounces in the dock for a while, stops and acts like it's not doing anything. 3-4 minutes (!) later it decides to start booting up. This is intermittent, but nearly every time. Things I've tried:
- trashing all digi prefs/setup files
- Diskwarrior on all drives
- unmounted drives one by one, then retrying boot process
- replaced a drive that I thought was at fault, but did not make a difference.
- PT 9
- OS X 10.6
- Digi 192
- 6gb RAM
- 3 1TB drives, 1 2TB drive
- no periph devices attached besides USB querty board.
Your professional advice is certainly appreciated. Thanks all -