I'm not sure how's it called. I use an EQ for my microphone. I have two options how to plug it:

Microphone -> MIC IN -> Insert OUT -> EQ unit -> Insert IN ->
Microphone -> EQ unit -> MIC IN -> Skip Insert

(of course, Insert OUT&IN is one plug only). I don't know which is a better option. Should I observe any quality difference? Are there any precautions to be considered? Is any of the options significantly more convenient for some reason?

My setup:

  • Mixer YAMAHA MG102C
  • Microphone SHURE PG58 (will be upgraded to something better soon)
  • Equalizer DOD SR430 Qx

1 Answer 1


You would probably want to use the insert so the signal passes through the preamp on your mixer before hitting the equalizer.

  • Well, there are XLR inputs on the EQ, but as I've just read in the documentation, they expect the same input/output levels as the TS ones. So this seems to be correct, thanks.
    – yo'
    Sep 10, 2014 at 14:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.