I've lately been trying to record my guitar/bass using logic pro X as a bit of a hobby but unfortunately I get ridiculous amounts of noise when I try to record. I am not sure where this noise is coming from and so it would be pretty helpful if anyone new of a way(s) to test for it's origin.
I record using a Nio 2|4 USB interface (My budget is not very big) using my guitar/bass with a fairly standard 3m cable into logic pro X's amp modelling kit.
Is it more likely to be one of these or is it a combination of them all?
I am willing to buy a new interface, install noiseless pickups, buy a new lead or mess with logic pro but I don't have the money to do all of them so some guidance would be great.
Thanks for your time.
Here is a link to a 7 various recordings:
- Guitar input on 0, Audio Interface Volume on 0
- Guitar input on 10, Audio Interface Volume on 0
- Guitar input on 0, Audio Interface Volume on 10
- Guitar input on 10, Audio Interface Volume on 10
- Blank mp3 through logic amp (Metronome added)
- Control measure - SFX: dog barking without amp
- Control measure - SFX: dog barking with amp