I'm not sure what your budget it, but assuming its limited, I can definitely recommend the Fostex FR2-le. The preamps are actually great for the cost of the unit and it is certainly a lightweight piece of kit.
- Very light. I think it comes in at under 1kg.
- Decent preamps (we're obviously not talking SD quality, but they are far better than the price suggests).
- Its light because its plastic. You don't want to throw this thing down the stairs, or get it wet.
- Mic trim knobs are tiny, and a pain in the backside if you're in the dark/cold etc.
- If you want to change the recording to a different samplerate, or switch to stereo/mono, you have to reformat the CF card in the unit.
- No timecode, but that hardly renders the unit useless.
- You might never use it, but the limiter is garbage.
Overall, the unit should meet all your requirements, and the cons are really only minor gripes. I'm moving on to Sound Devices in the near future, but I've certainly never had any problems with my Fostex (although you'll definitely want to pickup a proper battery pack for it. Standard AA's will only give you a couple of hours recording 96/24 in stereo).