This HOSA cable/adapter says it has a TRSF adapter. Is that a typo? What is TRSF?

1 Answer 1


It is not a typo.

  • TRS stands for tip, ring and sleeve. A TRS plug is the three-contact version of the TS plug (tip and sleeve).

  • F stands for female. Male and female plugs of the same type can connect to each other.

The 1/4" TRSF to dual 1/4" TS cable is used to convert a TRS cable to two TS cables.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.