Internet is really lacking information about acoustics in the room, absorbing materials, it's shapes and patterns.. how to glue them, why there are different shapes.
I really would like to know how to make a simple recording room at your house. Mostly I'm planning to have a DAW table. I want to remove echo from my room. And I have woody door which is kind off.. really thick so maybe some solution to isolate them..? Because I'm not alone living in flat =) + I want to record vocal in this room, and I already ordered a filter for (around) mic
So question basically is:
- What kind of materials do exists out there (woody, foam), and what are they for..
- Why there are many shapes of foam? for example if i have this material over whole wall, and mixed shape of this or this material covered in chess style over whole wall.. what's the difference?
- Why does monitor speakers should be on speaker-pads.. why it's useful?
- What's the best way to glue absorb foam to the walls, without damaging them? everybody uses some kind of spray... and there are plenty of them on sale... what's the difference between them?
- If all room will be covered with foam how about the air..? I heard it will be really dry, how to handle/avoid this..?
Any theory/practices and links are welcome!