I have a low-quality ($20-30) headset I use for recording. It's several years old but still works great... if it weren't for the ear pads. The foam pads are disintegrating.

Preventing that kind of degradation is something for another question, but my question here is much simpler:

How can I determine the model of headset I have? It has "Plantronics" molded into the rubber microphone arm, but I can't find a model number anywhere. Is there a good resource for finding out what headset model I have and how to get replacement foam ear pads?

  • 1
    Sorry, this community has the purpose to help with using the related hard- and software as stated in the FAQ. While your goal is trying to prevent the degradation it's unlikely that we can give an objective answer, and any answer would also apply on most non-audio-related products. As the Plantronics site is unlikely to still list it your best bet would be to either contact them with a picture, search for images of Plantronics headsets on a search engine or look around on the sites of second-hand sales companies. Good luck! :-)
    – Tom Wijsman
    Dec 14, 2010 at 1:54
  • 1
    Thanks for the suggestions, @TomWij. I guess emailing Plantronics with a picture is the most likely solution to work. I've voted to close this question as off-topic, seconding your vote.
    – dgw
    Dec 14, 2010 at 5:15

1 Answer 1


If you call Plantronics and explain your situation, they should help you. I've dealt with them before and I haven't had any problems with them.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.