Hey! What is the correct Title of someome that records Voice-overs for films/ads... The technical Job! And the One that you would read in the Credits



If you mean the soundie manning the controls then voice over recordist would do just nicely!

| improve this answer | |
  • Ok Thanks that is what i mean! – MrToBe Jul 26 '13 at 6:39

Voice-over recordist or Recording engineer is fine. I record VOs for TV and radio spots and am called a recording engineer. However, I can't remember ever appearing in any credits for it.

| improve this answer | |
  • I am making a List with all the projects i worked on with all the jobs i did. I make that list to improve my CV! – MrToBe Jul 26 '13 at 6:42
  • Engineer ? . – Internet Human Jul 26 '13 at 9:37
  • Not sure I understand the question. – Joe Griffin Jul 26 '13 at 17:32
  • Not sure if I understand the "recording engineer" title. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer – Internet Human Jul 26 '13 at 19:11

'Narrator', or 'narration by' or narration

Sometimes 'commentary by' or 'commentary'

Or as a job title 'voice-over artist',

| improve this answer | |
  • A voice-over artist surely is not concerned with recording, but acts. The other titles you mention are also voice-over artist titles. I would credit the REC button presser solely as "voice-over recording (by X)". – Internet Human Jul 25 '13 at 10:20
  • These days a great many VO artists work out of their home studios, connecting to the client via ISDN or Source Connect, so they are concerned with recording. They also are often asked to do the editing as well. But you're right, most of those titles don't answer the OPs question. – Joe Griffin Jul 26 '13 at 3:41

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.