It's setup time and I have several options as to where/how to set up my freshly acquired pair of Adam A7. Three rooms in my house have interesting characteristics but not one is perfect and I am seeking advice/suggestions from you guys. They are all quiet and have carpeted floors. Now I'll give specific details.
- square room (3.88m * 3.72m)
- well furnished
- heavy curtains
- ceiling beams
- marble fireplace (of course it's not in use anymore). I figured it's the best stand for my monitors but then I can't really put them away from the wall.
- my drumkit is likely to be in the room, though I believe the resonating toms have a distinct sound that is unlikely to influence my mixes... what do you guys reckon? Muffle it?
- under the roof/non parallel walls, intricate geometry
- hard walls
- second floor, hot in summer and thin floor
- smaller than Room 1 (3.20m wide), tunnel shape
I am very keen on Room 1 since it's cooler, more furnished and the marble fireplace seems an ideal stand (hopefully not too close to the wall: the membranes are 40cm from the wall, after the monitors may fall off). Is the drumkit an issue?