In response to Colin, I too am curious about the stereo Trance Audio rig, so I wrote them.
They responded with the following specs:
The stereo Inducer is a custom-built specially designed low-noise high-definition stereo system that's aimed towards sound designers. The Inducer runs 2 Acoustic Lens transducers, the heart of the system. The Lenses, which can have a cable length of up to 10 feet, employ multiple sensors to create a well defined sonic image of whatever its attached to.
Features of the Inducer stereo:
- Runs on a single 9V battery for 100+ hours with an LED low battery warning indicator
- Has a greater than -100dB idle noise floor, 115dB S/N ratio, better than .005% THD.
- Has external gain contols for up to +55dB gain adjustment
- Has XLR balanced outs for each channel, plus TRS 1/4" outs (balanced or unbalanced)
-Has a phase switch for each channel out
- Plugging a pickup into either input powers up the unit. The inputs are normally shorting, so no noise from an unused input should only 1 transducer be in use.