V-Control Pro or Control Surface?
I wanted to surface another thread about this, as the last is a little over a year old.
Check this out. It's a pretty nifty app on iPad. They have demo videos for a better understanding of the functionality.
Anyone use this on the daily? Are there any issues or bugs that have popped up in your experience?
I think it almost looks and has the functionality of a very high end control surface, but at half the price (iPad and App included in the total) as some high end control surfaces cost upwards to and beyond $1k.
Does it actually show you plug-ins on screen? It brought up an amp simulator plug-in so I am assuming it does.
Some of the pros of this set-up that I assume:
- Wireless - ability to control DAW from anywhere in the room/booth/no running to and from keyboard
- Plug-in/Mix/Send control without using the mouse. How well it feels like an actual fader, not sure.
- No keyboard mapping needed. Tired of having to assign controls to knobs? I assume this takes care of that.
- Less desk space and much lighter :)
Some cons I assume would be:
- Unsure of the fidelity of the automation writing. How well does it translate to your DAW over Wi-Fi? I did see they have a proprietary wi-fi connection for highest fidelity possible. Any experience on this?
- Possible loss of "feel" of the fader. How well does a tangible fader translate to digital form?
- Battery - dont forget to charge the thing!
- Possible important feature lacking? Maybe you cant see the plug-ins used on the screen and can only control the plug-in using non-visual number system? Any experience on this?
Many Thanks! - C3sound