I am watching "Hommes à louer " ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1589448/ ), a documentary about male prostitution in Canada and it's made me wonder (on the sound/technical side) about this clip microphone.

Since there is a male nipple in the image, just in case, I will not embed the image. https://i.stack.imgur.com/8rUHt.jpg

Does anyone know if this is a commercial product from any particular brand? Or maybe it is just some DIY cover for the clip mic? I have tried to google for it a bit but find myself unable to find what this type of covers can be named.

Thank you, Marcos

edit: forgot to mention they stick it onto the skin...

1 Answer 1


Its the Sanken RM-11 rubber mount. It is not adhesive itself, but we use topstick to make it adhesive.

You can get them in a few different colors, also there is an RM-11C version that has a built in clip.

I have a bunch of them and love them!

  • @Colin Hart - And these are universal for any lav?
    – C3Sound
    Sep 4, 2011 at 4:47
  • I've used them with lots of different types of lavs - COS-11s (made to go with this accessory), EMWs, B6, E6, Trams, etc... Not sure how it would work with a lav like the Isomax series that has both sides open to the diaphragm.
    – Colin Hart
    Sep 4, 2011 at 5:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.