Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know where to get or order libraries with small, medium and large crowds screaming in different believable variations? scared, ambient, anxoius, etc. The recordings must be recorded in a neutral room, without indicating size, indoor or outdoor feel. Any recording studios up for that task? It´s to be used in a game.

share|improve this question

that's the kind of stuff we tend to bring loop group in for, as do a lot of places. As such there's probably a little less demand for library stuff than there would otherwise be.

Do you have access to a suitable recording space? You'll be waaay better off rolling your own with this type of thing.

share|improve this answer
What is loop group? – Miles B. Aug 19 '11 at 19:30
a bunch of people that come into a studio to record non-sync specific group and crowd reactions to picture. – Rene Aug 19 '11 at 20:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.