Hi Ted, and welcome to SSD!
Happy to see that you are experimenting with sound and learning as you go. I listened to your track and have a few comments. Please take them with a few grains of salt, for as you know, these types of things are quite subjective. My notes by minutes:seconds :
- 0:00 Interesting sounds! Enjoyed
them for a while…
- 0:45 Became quite bored of the same
- 2:03 Was glad for the change! The
introduction to this second part was
very cool, gritty and aggressive.
- 2:35 Became bored again. The same
sound qualities I heard at 2:03 were
still going and I didn't understand
why they weren't evolving…
- 4:43 Again, glad for the change, but
not into this vibe. Dunno why, sounds
too "drab" for my tastes. Lost
- 5:25 The choir swell brought me back
into the piece again, but not for
long. Perhaps a cleaner sound? This
one is quite dull and muddy, hard to
discern what is going on. Maybe you
took the lo-fi approach on purpose.
- 6:22 Fade out into spacey darkness.
Keep experimenting! And please continue allowing the folks on SSD to listen to your work; I believe you'll usually find a receptive bunch who are happy to offer their expertise.