Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I hear this in many songs and I can't think of a better example than this

Its like a cross between a delay and reverb.

What would be the best method or replicating this type of echo. I use Sound Forge so I don't know if the program will have the capability of this type of reverb, please suggest other software that I can use to achieve this effect.

If find more examples I'll post them here

share|improve this question

migrated from Jan 27 '14 at 15:19

This question came from our site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation.

up vote 0 down vote accepted

You could probably do something like this with something like a tape delay that allows an additional effect send on the pre-feedback delay, or which has an additional reverb on the delay.

share|improve this answer
SO basically its a multi layered effect ... interesting ... – Aasim Azam Aug 6 '12 at 22:54

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.