I would like to help my father get surround sound capabilities from his older stereo system.
Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center
The system has eleven speakers in a 5.1 configuration. The corner and center channels each have two box speakers wall mounted with in-wall wiring.
Possible new system:
Phillips 5.1 Home Theater 3D Blu-ray Player (HTS3541/F7)
- Blu-Ray Player
- Actual surround sound (rather than stereo sound to all speakers)
- Netflix and other streaming media
- Can an older Bose system (the label says made in 1995) still produce better sound than a new system?
- If I did the upgrade, should I use the new speakers or existing speakers?
- Are there any issues connecting older speakers to a new system? I would need to splice the wires as the two wire connectors are different.
- What else should I consider?