Take the 2-minute tour ×
Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

wasnt sure whether this was better-suited to the Electronics stackexchange. If so please could you migrate it there?

I have just moved into a much smaller flat and due to the size, I can't fit my rather large speakers in there.

Is there any way I can get my mixer (picture) to output to my other (smaller) speakers, which use a single 3.5mm jack??

I'm pretty sure its not as simple as just plugging one of these in: http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=speaker+cable+to+3.5mm+jack&cid=5277653965180184999&ei=DnU0TZq7GYit-AagrsXoDQ&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p but who knows.


share|improve this question

migrated from avp.stackexchange.com Jan 27 '14 at 15:03

This question came from our site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation.

1 Answer 1

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Actually, it is just that simple. If your speakers have a 3.5mm jack as input, they are expecting a headphone-level signal such as an iPod or other PMP output... which is pretty much what's on your mixer's RCA jacks.

share|improve this answer
@rmx, get what you need here: monoprice.com/products/… Far cheaper than your link. –  Brad Jan 18 '11 at 3:04
Thanks guys.... –  rmx Jan 18 '11 at 11:40
In the end I went with this one: amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Socket-Phono-Plugs/dp/B0009N1MV4/… –  rmx Jan 18 '11 at 11:47

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.