I am using a Liquid Saffire 56 on a Macbook Pro, running OS X 10.6. I use both Logic 9 and Cubase 4 (and have successfully run them with a Saffire Pro10IO before). However now, I can't get any sound out of the interface.
Update: This issue is still reproducible with OS X 10.10 and Saffire Mix Control 3.5.
I installed the Liquid Saffire software and I am able to use Mix Control in combination with the DAWs. I can see the output from the DAW both in the DAW meter and the main mix meter. Here is a screenshot:
However, there is no sound from the headphones and the monitors.
Things I've checked:
- I connected the monitors to the appropriate monitor 1 and 2 jacks. They are definitely fully functional and set to a reasonable volume.
- I made sure the monitor knob on the interface is working - it is set to 100%. No Dim or Mute switch is engaged.
- I followed the guide on Focusrite's website that deals with headphone issues, still no avail.
- I haven't changed any of the settings in Mix Control. Reverting to factory settings does not help.
- Changing the ASIO driver from Saffire to Internal Audio instantly lets me hear sound on the Macbook, so there is definitely no issue on the DAW side.
- The Firewire cable is working as the unit connects and I've used it on my older Saffire Pro before.
The funny thing is that yesterday it was working perfectly. I didn't change anything. Restarting doesn't help either.