Take the 2-minute tour ×
Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I bought a Roland SH-101 from Japan (via ebay) and received it to Stockholm (Swe) yesterday. The power connector looks like an american connector and I've previously had success with just a normal adaptor when connecting other equipment that I've bought from Asia that had this type of power connector. Is it safe to just use an adapter?

The adapter is model ACP-100, 91-17367 Tamura-Sz. Input: AC100V 50-60 Hz, 10 VA, output: DC9V, 500 mA.

share|improve this question
add comment

migrated from avp.stackexchange.com Jan 25 at 9:35

This question came from our site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation.

1 Answer

up vote 3 down vote accepted

Sweden's power grid runs at 220v if I am not mistaken. Japan runs at 100v. Most modern electronics are capable of dealing with the range. Some older appliances are not.

Check that the label near the keyboard's power cord shows 100-240v and 50-60 Hz. If it does not, you will need a "step-down transformer" (also called a converter).

If it does, all you will need is the outlet shape adapter.

share|improve this answer
Yes, the AC adaptor says Input: AC100V, 50-60 Hz 10 VA so I think I must get a transformer? –  909 Niklas Dec 6 '13 at 17:13
That sounds right. If the keyboard is only rated to accept 100V input, then you'll need the step-down transformer to drop the 220V down to 100V –  JoshP Dec 6 '13 at 17:46
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.