I've been using SysEx Librarian for...well, a long time now. It's functional but it's far from friendly and feature reach. Most notably: it's failed to keep up with the massive increase in transmit and receive speeds the MIDI protocol has gained from being ported to run over USB lines.
Is there a modern alternative to SysEx Librarian out there for OS X?
I need the following:
- Receive and save to disk blocks of SysEx messages as one single file (Record Many in SysEx Librarian)
- Receive and save to disk single SysEx messages (Record On in SysEx Librarian)
- Play back SysEx data saved in files on disk over any selected MIDI interface at modern speeds
And the really nice to have stuff would be:
- SysEx library view and navigation that allows for a tree structure (SysEx Librarian is one big, flat list of files which gets unwieldily when you've got a lot of files saved)
- Library search feature, especially the ability to search for specific bit-strings in files
- SysEx hex editor