My question might be a bit too specific, but essentially I'm trying to create my own tutorial material of How-To's in Propellerhead Reason 6. I'm using ScreenFlow as my Screen-recording software.
So my process has been overly complicated at this point (and I'm sure there's ways to simplify it), which involves:
- Properly booting up the right software in the right sequence (Reason 6, JackServer, ScreenFlow);
- Taking like 5mins to properly configure / map the routings between Reason 6 and JackServer's inputs and outputs (including monitor-outputs enabled to loop back into a Reason 6 Audio Track).
- Start ScreenFlow, configure the recording settings to capture only screen video, no audio;
- While the count-down starts (from ScreenFlow), I jump back in Reason 6, make sure the monitoring Audio Track is armed, and start recording my Mic and all sounds emitted during my session;
- AFTER that is all done, I stop recording in both applications, have to export the WAV from Reason 6, import it into ScreenFlow.... and then video composite / editing begins!
The thing that sucks with ScreenFlow, although it does allow JackServer as a sound-source, it DOESN'T actually capture any sound.
Is there any way to cut down on the amount of "fudging-around" with Audio drivers / Aggregate Devices or SoundFlower(bed) just for the sake of capturing audio from Reason 6 directly into ScreenFlow without having to import a separately recorded WAV file?
I'm hoping for an answer that won't tell me I have to buy YET another software or piece of hardware. But if it's free, perfect! :)
NOTE: My Audio Interface is a MOTU-Traveler, operating on Mac OSX Snow Leopard.