Take the 2-minute tour ×
Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is the name for the type of effect that Fruity Loop's Gross Beat plug-in creates? How does that type of effect work?

share|improve this question
As of when this question was asked, an alternative to Gross Beat that works in other DAWs is Effectix ($129): sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Effectrix –  Kevin Oct 1 '13 at 0:09
add comment

migrated from avp.stackexchange.com Jan 24 at 12:01

This question came from our site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation.

1 Answer

I've heard it refered to as a "glitch effect", it does now work in other DAWs -

Similar effects that come to mind would be: Sugar-Bytes - Effectix, Native Instruments - The Finger, Illformed - Glitch, iZotope - Stutter Edit,

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.