Sound Design Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for sound engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Something similar to what this guy is wearing on his tie: enter image description here

share|improve this question

migrated from Jan 24 '14 at 12:01

This question came from our site for engineers, producers, editors, and enthusiasts spanning the fields of video, and media creation.

lol, "this guy". Also, it's called a lapel mic. Give it a search. You'll get a bunch of hits :) – JoshP Jan 10 '13 at 23:05
@Josh, do you want to make this an answer? It's exactly what I needed. – valentinas Jan 11 '13 at 0:14
Thanks for the reply. I might also suggest rewording the title/body, to steer clear of the VTC. As straight up shopping questions are OT, you might rephrase as a question about what kind of mic is in use here. – JoshP Jan 11 '13 at 0:52
up vote 4 down vote accepted

The "guy" is wearing a lapel mic. Also known as a lavalier mic. A quick excerpt from the Wikipedia page:

A lavalier microphone or lavalier (or lav or lapel mic) is a small electret or dynamic microphone used for television, theatre, and public speaking applications, in order to allow hands-free operation.

With search terms in hand, you'll find many resellers. Good luck :)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.