Can anyone give me advice on how I might speed up my work flow on a similar project.
I had 400 voice prompts to record for a telephone system. They had to be supplied with individual file names at 32,000 sample rate/mono.
I recorded the voiceover in a two to three hour session. He does 2- 3 takes of each prompt. I generally try get the best take as the last one. He voices the number along with the prompt.
When I edit I start at prompt 400 and work backwards to prompt 1. I generally just have to top and tail the good take. I isolate the good take and drag it to the track 2 underneath. I use some compression and limiting on this track.
When I had all 400 prompts isolated I started to bounce to disk each one. They all had quite complicated file names that I could copy from excel and paste them into the bounce to disk file box. I also had to change the sample rate to 32000 on bounce to disk. It is very time consuming and I wondered is there any obvious speed up to my work flow.